In a yet another certification change announcement, Microsoft announced changes in the Azure Administrator Certification Exam. It is overwhelming to see so many changes to their Azure Administrator certification path.
The changes were announced on Mar 20, 2019
The announcement from Microsoft brings a mixed bag of reactions from all corners. It brings along a set of confusion, speculation, and happiness.
Below are the highlights:
- AZ-100 and AZ-101 will retire on May 1, 2019. As a result, all exam registrations after May 1, 2019, for AZ-100 and AZ-101 will be canceled. AZ-102 will retire as planned on June 30, 2019.
- If you have taken and passed AZ-100, you will automatically be awarded the Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate certification on or around May 1, 2019, without the need of taking AZ-101 certifications.
- If you have registered to take AZ-100 between now and May 1, 2019, choose to take it, and pass, you will earn the Azure Administrator certification on or around May 1, 2019.
- If you have registered for AZ-101, choose to take it, and pass, you will earn the AZ-101 exam badge. You will be able to share this badge with others to demonstrate additional skills in the Azure Administrator space.
- If you have taken AZ-101(regardless of if you passed or failed), you will receive an exam voucher that can be used for any Microsoft exam delivered through Pearson VUE for being early adopters of our new certification program.
- Instructor-led training and online training (MOOCs) will be updated and available on May 1, 2019; the free learning content on Microsoft Learn will be complete around July 1, 2019.
Leave a Reply